We can finally say its the season for Gingerbread Men now with Christmas only a few weeks away!! We are excited to start getting into the Christmas spirit and celebrate the best holiday of the year, and what better way to celebrate than with some delicious Ginger Bread Men. This year we are going with the traditional colours of the holidays with red smarties and white and green icing decorations.
We have included our Gingerbread Men recipe and instructions for how to make them and of course you can be as creative as you want when it comes to decorating these little men. We would love to see your home made versions of Gingerbread men this month by sharing your creations on our Facebook page Rita’s Lil Sweeties | Facebook
We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year we look forward to seeing your creations and we thank everyone for their continual support of our business. We are also offering a 10% Christmas Discount for any orders during the month of December, use coupon code (Christmas2020) on our website store or in the inquiry section to receive your discount. If you guys have any last minute requests let us know and we’ll be happy to help :)
Check out our Gingerbread Men Recipe Below
- 125g Melted Butter, to grease
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) golden syrup
- 1 egg, separated
- 375g (2 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Plain flour to dust
- 150g (1 cup) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 8-10 drops red liquid food colouring
- 8-10 drops green liquid food colouring
- Smarties for decoration
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush 2 baking trays with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Step 2Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined. Stir in the flour, ginger, mixed spice and bicarbonate of soda. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Press dough into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place egg white in a clean, dry bowl. Use an electric beater to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Divide icing among 3 bowls. Cover 1 bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Add red colouring to 1 bowl and stir until combined. Add green colouring to remaining bowl and stir until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Step 4Place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use a 9cm gingerbread man cutter to cut out shapes. Place on trays about 3cm apart. Repeat with any excess dough.
- Step 5Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Step 6Place prepared icings in small plastic bags. Cut a small hole in a corner of each bag. Pipe icing over gingerbread men to decorate. Finish with Smarties.Step 7Leave for 30 mins to cool and ENJOY!!
Alternatively you can get Ginger Bread Men from our shop