With Christmas time closing in fast and this year finally coming to an end, we would love to share one of our delicious home made recipe’s that you can make yourself at home. We have selected a delicious New Zealand Lolly Cake that is a perfect treat for Christmas that you and the kids will love.
I have personally loved lolly cake since I was a child, it has always been a fond memory going with my parents down to the bakery in Nelson, New Zealand and getting our freshly baked bread, a pie each and our special treat, lolly cake. This makes for a delicious treat for Christmas, I personally think lolly cake and a hot chocolate make the best combo. Do yourself a favour and curve those cravings for something sweet, go on, we know you want to.
If you fancy yourself some delicious lolly cake now or in the future we have added the recipe and instructions below:
NZ Lolly Cake Recipe
- 125g butter
- 180g fruit puffs (not quite a ‘gummy’ candy – made in different colors and flavors)
- 1⁄2cup sweetened condensed milk
- 250g biscuits, crushed
- Desiccated coconut (as much as you want)
- Crush biscuits into fine crumbs. add to bowl.
- Combine condensed milk and butter in pan heat until butter has melted set aside to cool.
- Chop fruit puffs into fourths and add to biscuits.
- Add condensed milk mixture to bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Shape into log and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Once set cut into slices and ENJOY!
Alternatively you can get our lolly cake through our shop