Who doesn’t love a delicious chocolate chip cookie? With many recipes out there, it can be hard to choose which one would be the best when it comes to flavour and texture. Luckily, we have taken the guess work out of what recipe you should go for and have provided our very own “Yummiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”. What you will find is a cookie that’s beautifully textured on the outside, and soft and gooey on the inside. Yummy!
for 12 cookies
- ½ cup granulated sugar – 100 g
- ¾ cup brown sugar – 165 g
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, (melted) – 115 g
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 155 g
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 110g of milk chocolate chips
- 110g of dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until it forms a paste, with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, whisking until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. The longer the dough rests, the tastier its flavor will be.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Scoop the dough onto the sheet of baking paper, leaving some space between each cookie so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to brown slightly.
- Leave out to cool before serving.